nash crash
This Nash Metropolitan bore the brunt of the impact Tuesday when a pickup went out of control and smashed thropugh a garage door stricking the small car.
The accident happened around 4 p.m. when the driver of a pickup was said to have suffered a medical condition and veered across Main Street plowing through a closed garage door.
The Nash was inside the garage undergoing restoration and the force of the impact sent it into a small room at the back of the building.
No one was injured in the crash but the garage door was destroyed by the impact.
A Saturday morning chase by an Okmulgee County sheriff’s deputy ended with two people shot.
According to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI), the deputy was in pursuit of a car in the area of Gun Club Road and Mission Road early Saturday morning. OSBI officials say the driver of the car, Chris Culberson, 34, allegedly turned around and drove toward the officer.
The deputy, who has not been named, fired his weapon striking Culberson and a passenger in the vehicle.
Culberson was taken to St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa for treatment of his wounds. He remains there under guard. The passenger was treated at an area hospital and released from custody. The deputy was said to have received an ankle injury in the incident.
Okmulgee County Sheriff Eddy Rice requested the OSBI to investigate the incident. A report is expected to be presented to the district attorney later.
Standing water on the Indian nation turnpike resulted in a crash that injured two people Sunday night.
According to the OHP, a 2003 Chevrolet was being driven by Kindra Whitmore, 33, Stillwater. The southbound auto hydroplaned on the wet pavement and crossed the center median and going off the roadway before rolling one and a half times.
Whitmore was taken to the Hillcrest Henryetta hospital where she was treated and released for minor injures.
A passenger in the vehicle, Desirae Skidgel, 35, also of Stillwater, received multiple injuries in the crash and was taken to a McAlester hospital in critical condition.

Members of the Henryetta police department and US Marshall service arrested Lakota Watson Tuesday afternoon.
Watson was found at the Sugar Bush apartments in Morris. According to police chief Steve Norman, he was apprehended without incident.
He has been the subject of a manhunt since Labor Day when he allegedly shot Ryan White during an argument in Henryetta. Watson was named in a $500,000 youthful offender warrant that charged him with shooting with intent to kill.
He was described as a "couch sleeper" by police meaning he was known to stay at various homes. This made it difficult to find him since he had no permanent address.
Officers were interviewing the residents of the apartment in Morris but declined to say if charges would be filed against them.
White is recovering from a wound to his stomach from a small caliber weapon. He has undergone several surgeries in St. Johns Hospital in Tulsa.
While officers were searching for Watson, they were able to make a drug arrest.
Officers were acting on a tip at the Lake Drive apartments where Watson was said to have been seen. When they approached an individual that matched the suspect's description, they found a quantity of methampthetamine as well as some drug paraphernalia. That individual was arrested for possession with intent to distribute and possession of the paraphernalia.

Henryetta police are asking for help locating Lakota Watson.
shooting guyHe has been named in a $500,000 youthful offender warrant charging him with shooting with intent to kill has been issued today according to police chief Steve Norman.
Watson is accused of shooting Ryan White around 7 p.m. Sept. 4. The incident took place in front of White’s house in the 900 block of West Division.
“Watson is known to frequent homes in Henryetta and Okmulgee,” said the police chief.
“If you know the whereabouts of Watson please call the Henryetta Police Department at 918-652-3106 or 911.”
White was shot in the stomach with a small caliber weapon. He received emergency treatment at the Henryetta Hillcrest then was lift flighted to Tulsa where he has undergone several surgeries.
Watson fled the scene after the shooting and has been the subject of a search since.


Related Story: Juvenile sought in Labor Day shooting