Friday, January 15, is the last day to apply for voter registration in order to be eligible to vote in the February 9, 2021, Okmulgee city election and the Weleetka special school bond election, Okmulgee County Election Board Secretary Ashley Carnes said today.
Carnes said that persons who are United States citizens, residents of Oklahoma, and at least 18 years old may apply to become registered voters.
Those who aren’t registered or need to change their registration may apply by filling out and mailing an Oklahoma Voter Registration Application form in time for it to be postmarked no later than midnight Friday, January 15.
Carnes said applications postmarked after that time will be accepted and processed, but not until after February 9.
The County Election Board responds in writing to every person who submits an application for voter registration. The response is either a voter identification card listing the new voter's precinct number and polling place location or a letter that explains the reason or reasons the application for voter registration was not approved. Carnes said any person who has submitted a voter registration application and who has not received a response within 30 days should contact the County Election Board office.
Oklahoma Voter Registration Application forms are available at the County Election Board office located at 314 W. 7th Street, Room 102, Okmulgee, OK, and at most post offices, tag agencies and public libraries in the county. Applications also are available at
The City of Okmulgee Councilmember Ward 4 is at stake will be filled at the nonpartisan Primary Election schedule Tuesday, February 9, 2021. The City of Okmulgee will have 8 precincts opened for the February 9th election. Weleetka Public School will have to 2 propositions on the February 9, 2021 ballot. Sample ballots are available at the County Election Board office. Voters can also view sample ballots and find their polling location at the Oklahoma State Election Board website by using the Voter Portal For more information, please contact the Okmulgee County Election Board.